The preparation is a white or almost white suspension packed in an aluminum spray canister with a metering valve and an inhaler head with a protective cap; the drug is sprayed. The medication prevents and cures bronchospasms, reduces the resistance in the airways, increases the vital capacity of the lungs.
Over The Counter Albuterol
Albuterol over the counter is still not available. You cannot buy it at CVS or Walgreens without prescription. But there are a lot of people who purchase asthma inhalers online. Usually, online pharmacies don't need prescription to sell you generic drugs. So, you can easily buy Albuterol inhaler online without prescription. Moreover, the prices on generic inhalers are much cheaper that are on the brand ones.
Not recommended for
- Women in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy
- Children under 2 years;
- Patients with increased sensitivity to salbutamol or milk proteins;
- Patients with high blood pressure, congestive heart failure and a heart rhythm disorder;
- Patients with epilepsy;
- Patients with diabetes.
Prevention and relief of bronchospasm in all forms of bronchial asthma. Reversible airway obstruction in chronic bronchitis and emphysema, bronchial obstructive syndrome in children.
It is important to keep albuterol on hand at all times!
The usual dose of albuterol inhalation is 2 inhalations every 4 to 6 hours.
- The recommended dose for adults and children over 12 years is 2-4 mg 3-4 times a day; if necessary, the dose can be increased to 8 mg 4 times a day.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years: 2 mg 3-4 times a day;
- Children 2-6 years old: 1-2 mg 3 times a day.
The effects of each inhalation should last about 4 to 6 hours.
Shake your albuterol device just before each use.
Hold the inhaler between the index and thumb in an upright position with the bottom facing up, the thumb is on the base under the mouthpiece. With a slow deep exhalation, grasp the mouthpiece with your lips, without squeezing it by teeth. While making a deep inhalation through the mouth, simultaneously press the upper part of the inhaler to release an inhalation dose. Hold your breath for a few seconds, take the mouthpiece out of your mouth, then exhale slowly.
Seek emergency medical attention if you have signs of an any allergic reaction like
- Difficult breathing;
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
Allergic symptoms can also comprise
- Back pain, body aches;
- Headache, dizziness;
- Nausea, diarrhea,
- Sore throat, sinus pain, stuffy runny nose.
Consult your doctor at once if you have after using this medicine:
- Breathing problems;
- Wheezing or choking;
- Fast heart rate or pounding heartbeats;
- Pain or burning when urinating;
- High blood sugar – increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss; or
- Low potassium – leg cramps, constipation, irregular heartbeats, fluttering in your chest, extreme thirst, increased urination, numbness or tingling, muscle weakness or limp feeling.
- Albuterol vs Fluticasone
- Albuterol vs Symbicort
- Albuterol vs Ventolin
- Albuterol vs Combivent
- Albuterol vs Xopenex
- Albuterol vs Breo
- Albuterol vs Pulmicort
- Albuterol vs Dulera
- Albuterol vs Alvesco
- Albuterol vs Flovent
- Albuterol vs Formoterol
- Albuterol vs Beclomethasone
- Albuterol vs Salmeterol
- Albuterol vs Vilanterol
- Albuterol vs Mometasone
Ventolin inhaler is indicated for rapid relief of acute asthma attacks, as well as for the treatment of patients with chronic obstructive bronchitis.
Ventolin inhaler contains Salbutamol as a main substance.
Proventil (Albuterol) is an inhaler that allows respiratory tract muscles to relax, thus increasing the flows of the air that get into the lungs.
It is used by people with bronchial and respiratory diseases
The inhaler Combivent Respimat is an inhaler that has the function of a drug dosing. Its components are ipratropium and albuterol. They are bronchodilators. They allow the airways muscles to relax, thus increasing the airflow into the lungs.